Authority reqd?

OK posted earlier within a thred, but no answer so re-posted for constructive reply please.

Would I have needed any planning or any other permissions for the following carried out in 2003 ?

Install Downstairs loo and pipe into existing soil pipe (soil pipe was iron, replaced with plastic) Remove wall between Kitchen and Dining room (after builder told me not supporting wall, however theres some serious settlement in the brickwall above in bedroom now) Installed complete new kitchen and new ring circuit + cooker supply Removed wall between bathroom and toilet upstairs, moved loo 3 foot accross wall, new bathroom installed + electric shower.

If it comes to selling the house would any problems arise due to no sign offs by authorised bodies?

-- Vass

Reply to
Vass

yes, you should have had all planning permission, inspection etc.

in practise, say nothing.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

so if selling do I have a problem?

-- Vass

Reply to
Vass

Minor problem from lack of permissions, lots of houses are like that, but solicitors will kick up as much as poss about it. Major problems from your structural problem. Havent seen it but you might be in the category of no-one can get a mortgage on it, in which case its a developers lot only. If youre thinking of selling some time, fixing the struc prob might be worth 10s of k. Also may help it all stay up.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

From the way you say it it sounds like it was a supporting wall (supporting the brick wall above it) Personally I would move out whilst the work is carried out properly rather than risk it all falling on me & my family.