Advice Please - Hotpoint Tumble Dryer & Internet Shopping

At present we have an Hotpoint Condenser Tumble Dryer. We got it because there was no place in the new house for a vented model, until now. Don't practically like the condenser dryer anyway. My local shop sells the Hotpoint VTD60 for £239.99 and I have done a comparison on the net and can get the same model for different prices ranging from £157 to £249. My biggest concern about purchasing from companies advertising on the net are of customer satisfaction and do they still want to know you when you have had goods delivered. Any thoughts please.? I have asked local shop to do a price match mid range of the above but they are going to give it consideration.

Reply to
the_constructor

You could put the name of the online retailer into Google and add customer feedback complaints, e.g., Argos customer feedback complaints, and see what comes back. I have bought washing machines and tumble dryers on-line but haven't had cause to contact customer services. Comet, Dixons Store Group and Argos are often criticised for their customer service. I think Argos and Tesco just arrange delivery direct from the manufacturer and would refer you to the manufacturer if there were problems. The problem is we all want lower prices so customer care gets cut. Also, consumer legislation is weak.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Know someone witha MAKRO Trade card??

(Are you VAT registered you could get one yourself).

Vented hotpoint dryer (AQUARIUS) AT =A399.99 + vat from 13/9

the_c> At present we have an Hotpoint Condenser Tumble Dryer. We got it because

Reply to
Gel