Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New brushes on Bosch drill
I have an old Bosch CSB 500 RLE drill which has given years of service but lately it has started to play up. When I pull the trigger sometimes it works and sometimes not. I opened it up and it seems...
4
4

gutters & downpipes
I live in a row of terraced houses, 2nd from the end. The end house roof gutter drain down his own down pipe into his own drain, this down pipe being at the end of the terrace. My house roof gutter...
4
4

Plastic pipe size
Being very lazy but I guess someone here will know...... Is there a commonly available plastic pipe (B&Q etc) with an internal size of 28mm or slightly over? I want to sleeve a flexible air con drain...
4
4

Nice Piece of Oak Please
I live in the Hull area and my brother wants to a nice piece of oak for his kitchen window sill to finish his house renovation. It needs to be around 8" by 6'. Anyone know of a wood dealer?...
1
1

Bathroom Washbasin taps
Need to fit new washbasin where hot water supply is from tank/cylinder at about 0.2 to 0.3 Bar and cold is from mains at full pressure. I would like to fit a single hole mixer but I believe some are a...
6
6

Cupboard Under the Stairs
Hi I'm currently planning a cupboard under the stairs but am not sure about what woods are best to use. The cupboard wont be completely filling the understairs area and for the side of the...
7
7

Flys coming out of disused fireplace
My mother-in-law has started getting high number of house flys into her living room over the last week. The largest number was around 15 in one day, but now its down to maybe 2-5 a day which is still...
11
11

boiler timer
My switch , the ones with the on off timer little switch. and the little pegs for setting on off times,You know the ones. they all look alike. Is playing up. The little switch in the middle labled...
2
2

speedfit isolating valve
Hi - just doing some "simple" re-plumbing using speedfit. Is excellent so far (no leaks!) but have a question using isolating valve are being used as temporary end stops and I'm having a panic...
7
7

Can I put sink waste to soak-away?
Hi, just putting in a cloakroom sink. Would have major problem getting the waste to standard drain because there's a rain water down-pipe in the way. This goes to a soak-away. Can I put the sink...
14
14

Table Top Halogen Ovens ?
The wife and I are thinking about getting one of these table top halogen ovens after seeing one for the first time at a friends house. We have looked on YouTube and various other wiebsites and seen...
3
3

Useful site.
Just bringing this site to your attention. of calculators for all sorts of building projects, hip roofs, stairs, gazebos. Plus plan printing option of your spec. And you can use it for free. I'm...

Re: Gaps In Conservatory Roof
Looks like shit workmanship to me. Would you want ventilation like that in your living room? After all, a conservatory is part of your house, not your shed. You really shouldn't post binaries...
1
1

Scale Watcher - Anything Known
Just had a leaflet for this gadget, Scalewatcher, put through the door. It claims to prevent new scale forming in the water pipes and reduce what is there. Appears to be a small unit with wires...
5
5

Flushpipe problem.
I have a leaking flushpipe - the trouble is, it looks a bit strange, so I don't know if it can be repaired in the usual way. The cistern sits on a raised lip at the back of the bowl, so there...