Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem with finding economical drying
Small terraced house in north london has a problem with drying clothes in winter time after they come out of the washing machine. They have been spun dried in the machine, but need hanging up to dry...
33
33

Internal water pressure problem
< snip > You obviously found one - they're a rare breed so don't lose his phone number :-))
7
7

solar PV panels
Whats the going rate for installation per panel?

coloured gels for LED lamps
I bought some great 3Watt LED lamps to fit GU1=A70 downlights, the light output is incredible but even with a Warm White colour the light still a bit bright and cold. Does anyone know where to buy...
4
4

Radiator not getting warm - at all!
As part of a revamp to the downstairs cloakroom I re-routed the radiator pipes up and over the doorway (meant I had a clean wall for the shower cubicle). So they now do an inverted "U". Since doing...
6
6

heating not working but hot water is
Hi all I have a Worcester 350 combi boiler. instant hot water works, but the central heating doesn't! Does that mean the fault lies in the PCB inside; or could someone give us a clue how to sort it?...
17
17

Cleaning kitchen cabinets
We have glossy white finish kitchen units that attract every greasy splash and mark imaginable. What is the best way to clean them? Mal
11
11

Generator manual
years, never used, but instruction manual gone.
1
1

Coving
Folks, can anyone give me guidance on what width size of coving would be appropriate for a ceiling height of 250cm? Cheers
1
1

Calculation of time to replace a volume of extracted air by heating it...
Can someone check my calculation... Time to replace 15m^3 of air extracted at 20oC, with air heated by a 650 Watt heater from 0oC to 20oC. Air-Volume = 15 m^3 Temp-Change = 20oC less 0oC = 20oC...
2
2

Control for automatic garage door
My hand control no longer works on my automatic garage door although the direct switch inside the garage allow me to open the door from inside the garage. I immediately thought that the battery needed...
10
10

How to warp doors to fit
Hello, I have some home-made quite old t&g doors that don't fit flat into the frames. Can anyone suggest how I can warp them to fit please. tia. James
9
9

Requirements for protecting bonding conductors from the consumer unit?
I'm about to install a 10mm earth cable from the MET in the consumer unit to the water and gas pipes (it'll be a single unbroken cable). What are the requirements for protecting this cable throughout...
3
3

round sink moves around
My husband and I did all our own DIY jobs I learned a lot.I am 76 and on my own now,I got a plumber to to do the sink when getting new kitchen 4 years ago,what I need to know is although the sink...
4
4

How would you straighten a door key?
Left my keys in the back door and it slammed, catching the keyring in the frame and now the key is bent almost 45 degrees. It was in the lock at the time so the bend is on the straight bit between the...
3
3