Weather Protection (Paint)

We need to improve our homes protection from wind-driven rain. The house (close to Daytona Beach, Florida) is 3 years old and has the original water(?) based builder grade paint on it now.
What is your recommendation for exterior paint over stucco?
What is your recommendation for the best way to apply the recommended paint (roller, wagner sprayer, etc.)?
Thank you in advance for your time and recommendations.

paint
I am looking at the same thing right now. A couple of things that have been recommended to me are the following
Portersept by Porter Paint Eternity by Richards Paint and a similar product by Sherman Williams (not sure of the name).
I understand that these are relatively new epoxy type paints. I haven't decided which to use, but thought I would post here.
Mike
I just went down to the Sherwin Williams store and got an education about their Loxon product. With 2 coats, the "XP" version is guaranteed waterproof. It runs about $45/gal retail and covers 90-115 s.f./gal.

been
Another Sherwin Williams product to consider: "CONFLEXT XL HIGH BUILD COATINGS are elastomeric coatings that provide excellent flexibility, durability, and weather resistance. This product will protect against wind-driven rain when used on tilt-up, precast, or poured-in-place concrete, CMU, and stucco. These may be applied to a surface with a pH of 6 to 12." (Probably costs a arm and a leg as well.)

Same type of paint and prep recommended for Hardie siding. See their website. (Jameshardie) Dave
From jameshardie.com
PAINTING James Hardie products must be painted.* 100% acrylic topcoats are recommended. Do not paint when wet. For application rates refer to paint manufacturers specifications. Back-rolling is recommended if the siding is sprayed. *within 180 days for primed product and 90 days for unprimed