Structural soundness of combining lintels !

Page 2 of 2

2x4 is 3.5", 2x8 is 7.25"
Chad wrote:

You're not familiar with the _universal_ situation of a beam/joist/ lintel being oriented vertically...?
wow
I realize that usenet attracts people from around the globe, but I had not realized that you were from an area with different physical laws. Maybe if you strapped on your Orgone Accumulator and beamed your questions directly to the Hive Mind, you'd get answers that would apply in your realm. Just a thought.
Good _luck_ with your project!

Hey! Lay off Reich!
A lintel 2 wide by 8 high. Do they use ratios like this in your "realm"?

If you're lying on your side after the building has collapsed on you, that might be something you'd ponder, but you might not be thinking straight because of a blow to the head and the blood loss. Still, it would be understandable in such a context. Otherwise, not.
I hadn't been reading this but have started. It's seldom I laugh out load anymore in a NG [g]

I'm starting to enjoy the thread more. I feel that I've invested a bit in it, and I'm hoping he'll keep posting for the payoff. The 2x4 vs. 2x6 comment was priceless!

When I read that, I figured the guy _had_ to be a troll. Nope. Check his posting history. He's having "issues" every step of the way as he fumbles his way along in his building project.
He's apparently in the computer biz, so it's no wonder. They're famous for working hard to find the solution and/or reinvent the wheel. Unfortunately for him, in construction the solution is...experience. When the experience is politely knocking on his forehead to see if anyone is home, he swats it away like it's a mosquito.
Oh well!

A thought. Think he's pulling our leg? I bet we've been took. [g]