Sound proofing new residential

I am about to build a new home. Some sort of sound proofing would be nice on the interior walls. Does anyone know of any new products or techniques that could be used at reasonable cost.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Good old fashioned fiberglass batts seem to do pretty well, and are likely to be as cheap a solution as you're going to find.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 14, 1:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

SAB, Sound Attenuating Blankets, which are slightly denser than standard glass fiber batts are a start.
Look at Flanking Paths: electric boxes back to back within a stud space, gyp board not sealed at the edges, ducts that give a path from space to space.
✖

In that regard, one of the most effective techniques, albeit somewhat more expensive is to use 2x6 baseplate w/ alternating 2x4 studs so that there's a break between the two walls.
✖

Not really.. but here are some old faithfuls:
http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/articles/techni ques-to-soundproof-floors-and-ceilings.aspx?langtype33&ac=ts&ra=fp
http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/articles/soundp roofing-music-studio-absorb-sound-insulation.aspx?ac=ts&ra=fp
http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/articles/quest-qui et-room.aspx?ac=ts&ra=fp
I've been in some labs with sand-loaded walls -- nice and quiet!
Kay
Add pictures here
✖
Them better be some stout walls and floors, thats got to be heavy.

Add pictures here
✖
Sound reducing drywall.
http://www.wconline.com/CDA/Archive/BNP_GUID_9-5-2006_A_10000000000000109762
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
on 7/14/2008 1:24 PM snipped-for-privacy@cox.net said the following:

I have vinyl siding over 3/8" foil faced polystyrene panels over the plywood sheathing, 2x4 walls with fiberglass bats, plastic vapor barrier, and 1/2" sheetrock. I can't hear vehicles going up and down my street about 90 feet away. The only time I know I have visitors pulling into my driveway is when the yorkie barks, or the people ring the door bell. If I had my druthers back then, I would have had them put in 2x6 studs for better heat insulation. That might have helped my fuel oil bills today.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Add pictures here