remote micro management

Hello all,

In thinking about how to use cold well water, a radiator and a fan to air condition or at least partially dehumidify a small building I realised that the DC pump I am using in the well would need to be turned off and on from the building about a hundred feet away, not a great distance but something else to buy nonetheless and wire is not cheap these days anyway. I thought perhaps a remote controlled switch would be perfect. If I can turn on my television with a remote surely I could turn on a pump from only a hundred feet away? This would be handy.

Then I thought about the whole issue of remote switching and wondered if there was a manufacturer of such thing ? I have done no research on this at all but thought it might be something someone here could answer in a blink. I am hoping it doesnt need to be a computer controlled wifi sort of thing rigged to a cell phone so I can call ahead to start the system or indeed have it thermostatically controlled...

Thanks anyway for so far.

Michael Lough

Reply to
limehand