help - upscale range hood wanted!

Honestly, if you people don't know, I don't know where to look anymore.

We're looking for an upscale range hood that will compliment our Cornufe 110 in cabaret red. I figured we'd go with their hood. The partner wants something "more expressive". Yes, this is turning into a head ache. Did I mention we live in a Victorian?

Who makes "more expressive" upscale range hoods?

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

Don't know of any that can talk to hand out compliments, nor do I have a clue as to what a "Cornufe 110" is to try to find a complement for, but I have seen in the not far distant past an issue of FHB wherein there were some custom-built copper hoods and such that were about as upscale as you would care to go...iirc, the artist designer/fabricator for these were in the Pacific NW although I'm sure in major metro area would have such kinda' stuff available.

I figured we'd go with their hood. The

There's also the retro/preservation route as well, perhaps, if the Victorian is really for real as an objective although the idea of a range hood and Victorian don't really have much in common, the servants'/cooks' comfort being of little concern, typically... :)

Reply to
dpb

on 12/17/2007 4:11 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said the following:

Like these?

willshak

If the main thorn is the color, buy one you like and take the shell to an auto repair/paint shop and choose any color you want. Probably be a tougher paint job than the factory one.

Reply to
Glenn

Wow, only $6875.00 for a wall mounted copper one?? And I thought I couldn't get by for less than $8K for a range hood........what a load of organic fertilizer.

Reply to
v8z
'the partner' ???? s

Reply to
S. Barker

Broan makes a line of high quality chimney hoods, although they are probably too contemporary to match the style of the Cornufe.

DT

"S. Barker" wrote in message news:lNOdnaoGQYeKqvranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Guess [g]

Reply to
Glenn

Would you two like to be excused from class so you can go snicker in the hallway?

RicodJour

on 12/17/2007 9:50 PM v8z said the following:

Upscale is expensive. :-)

Reply to
willshak

on 12/17/2007 9:57 PM S. Barker said the following:

semantics.

Reply to
willshak

That's what i was afraid of. Queer bastard.

S. Barker

Has anyone talked about makeup air for the range hood. If the house is tight enough and the fan pulls enough air it can backdraft natural draft appliances such as wood stoves, fireplaces, water heaters and furnaces if their location communicates with the space the range hood is in.

Backdrafting a combustion appliance can be dangerous.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Energy

Good point. Older houses aren't that tight but some of the newer ones are.

"Andy Energy" wrote in message news:b0b47c09-ec8d-4f0c-aa1b-

Reply to
Glenn

Honestly, if you people don't know, I don't know where to look

My partner won't but I do - Thanks!

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

My comfort cooking is a concern :)

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

GREAT IDEA!

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

Actually I don't mind spending my money on quality items.

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

The partner.

Problem?

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith

We looked at Broan . He yawned a few times. I liked them just fine though. Thanks anyway!

Reply to
ThomasWhitbySmith