Question on window head flashing

Hello,
Residential application with wood windows and wood shingle siding. For the usual condition where a window has siding above it, and the head trim projects out beyond the siding, I understand that a head flashing is required between the head trim and the siding, to direct outward any moisture from above.
However, what about windows just under the eave? In my situation, there will be no siding above these windows, as the head trim butts into the freize board, whose face is proud of the head trim. The eave overhang is 2 feet and located just 1.5 feet above the window head trim.
Here it seems like head flashing is neither necessary nor useful. With the projecting freize board and large roof overhang, I can't see moisture making its way into the area above the window. And with the head trim butted tight into the freize board, there's no space for moisture to be let out, anyway. This is an original detail that I would like to preserve.
Am I on the right track here, or should I be planning things differently?
Thanks, Wayne
I think you are on a right track. Yes, a large eave. like the brow of a hat, keeps water out. I would caulk well and be done with it.
On exposed windows that is differet. Sometimes I make a large "z" flashing that goes under paper and siding, and hangs over top window trim by a half inch.
I think like you stated, you are in the clear being up so high under the eave. john
(just watch out for water blasting and washing the house) It will possible leak in then, but should not hurt anything.

Great, thanks for the advice.
Cheers, Wayne