painting rates

Are there standard per square foot rates for interior painting? I'm looking at a couple heavily textured ceilings as well as some regular drywall walls.
thanks
alt.building.construction:

I use $1.00 per square foot for interior painting with brush and roller, including minor cleaning, repairs, and caulk. That's lower than what the big firms charge in my area (Arlington, TX), but I'm retired and doing home maintenance to keep busy. Consequently, I have more business than I can get to.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

Everybody wants as much as they can get but competion, area, and backlog determine it, get bids, this time of year painters are out of work.
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:19:35 -0800 (PST), ransley

Actually, I'm trying to come up with a figure for an insurance quote so I would imagine they are used to high bids. Would $2 / sq. ft. be too high?
alt.building.construction:

My friend recently had his two-car garage ceiling (popcorn covered wallboard) replaced after a plumbing leak. The insurance company estimator quoted him $940 for moving contents, demolition, replace wallboard, texture, and paint. I declined the job because I don't like lifting wallboard over my head after my shoulder surgery. I referred him to my favorite competitor, and they did it for about half the quote. At 400 square feet, that was a little more than $1.00 per square foot. Since he's a friend, I would have done it for time and materials at $30/hour. It would have been about $500.
The last guy I talked to at the paint store said his company is charging $1.20 - $1.50 per square foot for two coats of paint on new construction. I don't think $2.00 per square foot is out of line if more than just putting on paint is involved. Since you mention insurance, I assume there's a lot more than just paint. You'll probably need *lots* of prep.
Here's a web site that will let you do job estimation with a test account. You need to estimate all the steps in the job. For example, caulking, preparation, and cleanup are separate line items.     http://www.costestimator.com / (I have no connection to this site. I used to use them.)
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

Awesome Steve. Thank-you very much!