Paint strippers: Which brand is better?

I would like to strip the latex paint from around my window frames.
Home Depot carries two gel strippers:
1- Motsenbocker's "Lift Off" 2- Citristrip
Which one is better?
Thanks!
Deguza
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:13:41 -0700, Kompu Kid wrote:

A heat gun might work. Less mess and nothing toxic.

Franz Fripplfrappl

I'll disagree here... ("nothing toxic")
If the paint is *old* it can easily contain lead, and as such a heat gun will probably release toxic fumes. I'd be very reluctant to use a heat gun on any surface that pre-dates the end of lead paint.
I think the best answer to the OP's question is to buy both products and try each. Then pick the one *you* like best, since one may work better on your paint, but not on someone else's.

I've used heat gun before and the fume emitted could be nasty so good ventilation is a must. Its also could be slow and could burn the wood as well. I've stripped doors with a heat gun and it took too many hours - perhaps better just buy a new door instead.
<Frank> wrote in message

Try a radiant heat paint stripper next time. Way better than the new door approach if there are multiple layers of paint.
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:37:43 -0400, PeterD wrote:

The OP mentioned latex paint. That should come off readily with heat, should it not? If it were old oil based paint, then I wouldn't use heat because of the potential of inhaling lead fumes.
Regardless the method of paint removal, inhaling any fumes is not healthy. An appropriate respirator will help keep one on the healthy side of a project, but how many people really go to that bother?

Franz Fripplfrappl
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

???
Well, none. That's why one has to keep stepping over bodies on the week-ends.
Kompu Kid wrote:

D:
Specifically, I can't say. But if you use a heat gun, stay away from the glass. Also check the carcinogenicity warnings on the stripper. If you do get certain of them on the skin, their potency is immediately apparent.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey