mini-split heat pumps

I am considering installing mini-split heat pumps in my new home after it is completed. Does anyone have any experience with these things? Let me know if they can be installed easily and any brand recommendations you may have. My house is 2776 sq. ft., is two-story and has no central heating, only individual heaters for each room. The heat-pumps will be used for air-conditioning (cooling) primarily. Thank You