I'm wondering how much to sell some boxes of ceiling tiles for

Hi I live in Chicago and am clearing out an attic for rehab. There are 8 boxes of the below up there and I was wondering how much to ask for them??
description on boxes
The description of the tiles from the box is as follows.
USG acoustical products co. Acoustone Item 707 finish White pattern Glacier edge shadowline 12 panels covering 48 sq ft 23 2/3 * 23 2/3 "
thanks everyone
Harry

Unopened boxes, 50 to 75 percent of retail. The lower the price the sooner you'll move them, of course.
You could donate them to Habitat for Humanity and deduct the full price of what you paid for them (or full retail price).

them??
Wow, now THAT is a good idea. I could donate them. Thanks for the great advice.
Harry

just take them back to Home Depot and get your money back

Sometimes that's easier said than done. I've returned stuff and picked up that they were only crediting me ONE penny (?!) for each of a dozen larger joist hangers. WTF, I asked politely - "Oh, they're no longer in the computer so we can only credit you a penny each." Of course the clerk didn't mention that beforehand, just rang them up. This was with receipts.
Another time I was returning some insulation. Tjhey started to give me substantially less than what I had paid. The packaging had changed - that's it - so the "new" product would have been credited at the full price, the "old" product was a lot less. This was without receipts.
If the OP's ceiling tile are older than a year or so, I'd bet that he'd get skunked when he tried to return them.

are
great
they are from 1988 I found them in the loft I am rehabbing. They seem to be worth $100 per box. Thanks again for a great idea.

Make sure you call Habitat first to make sure they want them. It isn't unusual for people to "donate" items that they just want to avoid paying to throw out.

Habitat will probably not care as long as they are in good condition. The Habitat's I'm familiar with have "outlet" stores where the surplus donated material is sold to raise money. Good place for contractors to drop in on once in a while. You can donate the oddball leftovers and deduct the full price, and buy stuff you can use at a good price - all while helping out an excellent cause.

In my town, Habitat has a warehouse full of junk that's been donated-- much of it belongs in a dump. They don't have a store.

I'm interested in buying them. are they still for sale? how much do you want for them.

Harry Are these 8 boxes still for sale??? At how much for all eight and how many ceiling panel tiles in each box? Please advise A.S.A.P. Thank you.
Sincerly ,
Mike and Denise Chymbor

I'm interested in buying some or all of the panels. how much are you asking for them? how many panels are there per box? please reply to snipped-for-privacy@chymbor.com
thanks;
tssmits had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/construction/I-m-wondering-how-much-to-sell-some-boxes-of-ceiling-tiles-f-8862-.htm :
Mr. Palmer,
I am wondering if you still have those ceiling tiles. Those are the tiles I have in my business. I would like to have some replacements. If you could let me know if you still have those I would be interested in buying them. I live in the South Suburbs. Thank you for your time.
Tim Smits ------------------------------------- Harry Palmer wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ News and Discussions Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 9490 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##