Question on Framing Exterior Corner

Hello,

I'm laying out the framing for an exterior corner in a 1-story, wood light frame slab-on-grade residential addition. I would like to have two openings on either side of the corner, very close. Is there any problem with using a studs of a standard 3-stud corner as the king studs for the openings? That is, I'd like to apply the trimmer studs for the headers directly to the outer studs of the 3-stud corner.

The openings are narrow enough (3') that shear requirements for the two walls can be handled on the other side of the openings, and the layout I describe leaves just the right amount of room for interior trim in the corner. Is there any other concern I'm overlooking?

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Nope. Sounds like you're good to go. If the studs are 2x4s, you might want to think about using a 4x4 for the corner post. Sketch it up and see which one works better for you.

RicodJour