Help with metal roof

Building a new house and want a standing seam metal roof. Need help determining how is should be constructed. Material is 22 ga. Above the rafters, one roofing guy says radiant barrier OSB, 30# felt paper, metal. Another wants to put the metal on 1" x 3" lath. Nothing else. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dick
Add pictures here
✖

I would go with the 30# felt. Temp changes with metal is going to give some sweating and you want your sheathing to stay dry. 30# felt is cheap anyway.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for the input. Would you have an opinion about a gap of some sort between the OSB and the metal to permit heat to be channeled up and out?
Add pictures here
✖

Check out the forum on: http://www.metalroofing.com / It covers everything you want to know about metal roofing. Since there's many different types and applications, you really have to do your homework if you plan on going with metal.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 23, 7:21 pm, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

With a gap between osb and metal you will get condensation. I used 30 # doubled with the metal mounted right on top.
Add pictures here
✖

Just about every standing seam roofing product I've seen uses concealed fasting clips that hold the panel 3/8-1/2" off the deck. From what I've been reading (on the metal roof forums) is there should be at least a 1" air space under the panels.
Add pictures here
✖
Unless I missed it I don't find any construction recommendations on http://www.metalroofing.com / Dick
wrote:

Check out the forum on: http://www.metalroofing.com / It covers everything you want to know about metal roofing. Since there's many different types and applications, you really have to do your homework if you plan on going with metal.
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.metalroofing.com/v2/forums/?metalroof
Add pictures here
✖

What climate do you live in?
I understand that if one gets snow and the thermal and air envelope of the house is not done correctly and you have any valleys the snow will melt and and hang in the valleys. When conditions are correct it will freeze and push the roofing outward. This will wreck the roofing. If you desire the correct method of dealing with the thermal/air barrier (not the normal construction practices done today) let me know.
Andy Think and do Whole House Performance it is the right thing to do.
Add pictures here
✖
We'll be building on 19 acres just outside Ferris, TX. About 20 miles South of Dallas. Dick
wrote:

What climate do you live in?
I understand that if one gets snow and the thermal and air envelope of the house is not done correctly and you have any valleys the snow will melt and and hang in the valleys. When conditions are correct it will freeze and push the roofing outward. This will wreck the roofing. If you desire the correct method of dealing with the thermal/air barrier (not the normal construction practices done today) let me know.
Andy Think and do Whole House Performance it is the right thing to do.
Add pictures here
✖
All that is needed are the 1" x 3" lath. Nothing else is needed. Good luck on your new roof.

Add pictures here
✖