Gypcrete elevation around sleepers

Hi All, I recently had gypcrete poured over my plywood subfloor with sleepers. The gypcrete was left an average of 1/8" low from the top of the sleepers. Is this common practice? The flooring will be pre-finished bamboo. My bamboo guy says that 1/8" is a bit much and the gypcrete people say that leaving it low is the industry standard and won't come back to make it even. Who is right? Thank you, Jim
Leaving it low enables a levelling grout/ adhesive to be applied---leaving it high is therfore a problem. Your contractor should have stated his tollerances, if i was fitting a floor i would certainly appreciate the "extra" within reason, and remember one product is a "foundation" the other is a "finish" Albeit a bit late--your flooring contractor should have stated the tolerance he would accept inorder to lay the floor for the quoted price, you inturn would have passed this on to the gypcrete guy, who inturn would have told you that you are having a laugh. A few bags of levelling compound will sort your floor man out---he is just wriggling for more money or going to try to charge as extra works. Love your comment about he wont come back----so you paid up for a job that was not satisfactory? hmmm Get a contractor to all the works next time on a fixed price---do not pay till you like the results.

tolerances. Yes, I violated one of my rules by paying for it before they left - never again! Jim