green roofs in Mexico

I am looking for info on construction and viability of adding a green roof to a house in the Yucatan, Mexico. It is a very hot, low-lying, sometimes rainy area. New construction tends toward block and precast; both of which are terrible there; they quickly absorb heat, but do What sort of soil mixture would I need there? How strong does the rof need to be? Sealant? Got to remember that the building trades there are often rudimentary.

Plenty of cheap labor? Rammed earth, with sliding forms.

rammed earth is perfect. what are sliding forms?

.
Google is your friend.
Check out this web site: http://www.networkearth.org/naturalbuilding/honey.html
There's info there about sliding forms, but you'll have to look for it.

.
Rammed earth is wall construction, not a green roof, or is it.

Rammed earth is wall construction, not a green roof, or is it.
No, it's only floor or wall construction. Too heavy for roofs.
how much will the roof weigh? How feet of span? How rudimentary? Does that mean you have a Home Depot there???

Some major US cities are pushing this, City Hall in Chicago has a green roof. There is alot to figure out, long term waterproofing, weight of wet dirt, draining etc.

Andy comments:
I suggest you google "green roofs"...
That technique refers to having living plants on top of the roof, who get their nutrition from the roof material, such as soil or sod....
I also suggest that you plant marijuana . That way, if lightning strikes your roof, you will enjoy it....
Andy in Eureka, Texas