Free Energy Audit Software

I have half a dozen free computer programs to help people save energy on my new website:

Bar X Software

There are programs for all skill levels, from the homeowner to the experienced engineer. The novice programs do the same robust calculations but have a simpler menu driven front end. All the programs have a single screen and are quite easy to use and understand.

I hope you get a chance to visit ~ and learn how you can save LOTS on your utility bills, at home or at work!!

Reply to
Bill

Be VERY, VERY careful about downloading and running software that is 'advertised' on Usenet! Much of this software is simply malware installers, and the end result is more spam for the rest of us.

Best solution is to get your software from a reputable site that does not spam usenet.

Reply to
PeterD

I=92ve spent years doing residential energy audits (about 7,500 audits) from a variety of utility companies. They all used a variation of the Federal RCS program. There was always something missing. Bills that were too high and it seemed that everything was done. Then I discovered Building Science.

This requires a variety of equipment to actually TEST not GUESS. I=92ve spent many years going to classes and doing Whole House Performance testing and I=92ll never do another energy audit. There is little one can tell about how a house is performing based on a visual walkthrough. Would you take your car to a mechanic that just looked or your visit to your Dr. that just looked at you and did not have any testing they did to determine what is or is not working?

So if you want:

=95 A greener home =95 Smaller carbon foot print =95 Reduction of man=92s impact on the environment =95 Lower utility bills =95 Increased comfort =95 Less noise =95 Better indoor air quality =95 More durable structure =95 Increased national security =95 Protection from inflation of fuel

Hire a professional to diagnose and fix your home. Check with BPI

for a contractor that subscribes to Building Science.

Andy Our home produces more electricity than we use.

Reply to
Andy Energy

Agreed. I'd not tried to address whether the software originally spammed could do any useful work, just that most spammed software is actually malware, and should be avoided.

Reply to
PeterD