fence posts, quick dry cement & rainy weather

Hello,
I need to install some fence posts.
I'm in Florida and we're in hurricane season. That means it rains almost every day, when the weather man is right. Or the weather report says we'll have scattered showers for 4-5 days and that will occur , or depending on where you are located it could rain every evening, or afternoon, but not all day . [my point is, it might rain, it might not]
I was considering using a fast drying product like QUIKRETE Fast-Setting Concrete or Pakmix Fence Post Mix with PakMix fast setting accelerator . In the hopes of setting the posts in the holes when it isn't raining , pouring the concrete, & it will dry as it says it will quickly.
[I'm not attaching the fence for a few days until the posts are secured]
My questions: 1) if the product says it sets in 20 minutes, does that mean if it starts raining later that day, it will be ok ?
2) the ground is wet around here. Is that going to compromise the drying of the cement or the anchoring of the posts?
what is the easiest product to use, for quick drying cement for the purpose of fence posts.?
The posts that were previously holding up my wooden fence were done to code (supposedly): 8' posts, 2' of which is in cemented in the ground - the last category 3 hurricane knocked 4 of the fence posts out of the ground & part of the fence over.
So I want to do the replacement posts properly & soon. I cannot wait until after hurricane season to do this.
Thank you. All help appreciated,. L
My understanding is that concrete doesn't "dry". It reacts chemically to water and hardens. Concrete can be poured and set under water (bridges).
I don't think rain will affect the process.
[...]
You're making too big a deal out of just fence posts. Most of us just dig the hole, set the post in it and dump the dry mix into the hole keeping it down an inch or so, pour a little water on top and let it do its thing. Keeping the mix fairly dry is stronger than too wet anyway.
I have a neighbor who dug the holes shy of where he wanted the fence top, set his pipe posts in line where he wanted them and with a block on top, drove them into the bottom clay about 3 inches. That locked the bottom. Then he filled the remainder with old bricks and rubble up to about 3 inches of the top, poured 2 inches of concrete around the top. The fence has been there for over 30 years now and still straight. <G>

[...]
--------------------------------------------------------- OP above dashed line ---------------------------------------------------------
Wooden fence has alot of sail area, as opposed to a wire fence. Water saturation of the soil is also a factor.
Rain water intruding into the concrete mixture before its set can be problem for the surface finish, but not the bulk of the mixture.
Concrete adheres to the subsoil components. If its wet/mushy and/or very sandy, the resistive capacity to horizontal movement is much less. A slightly wider and much deeper footing will be more resistant.
Sizable rocks and bricks can assist in intially placing the posts before pouring. Use caution though. The fill can prevent setting the post plumb. Keep the fill well below the anticipated height of the concrete.
--
Jonny

I've never used concrete for fence posts. It just causes more problems than it solves. Try using regular old river sand. Everytime it rains it repacks your posts.
--
J.C.

"Jonny" < snipped-for-privacy@blackworm.net> wrote in message
Cube sand vice rounded beach sand is a good thing. This kind of sand is the major component, next to water, in quicksand. Would not stand chance holding up wooden posts of a wooden fence in a Cat 3 hurricane.
The repack doesn't occur until the moisture dissipates. If nothing is disturbed during the high moisture condition, all ends well.
--
Jonny
"J.C." < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I've only been building ranch and other fence for about 58 years so I might not be as experienced as the rest of you, but we always use sand and have never had to reset a post, while with concrete we usually have to reset them after a long drought followed by a good rain. But, use what you choose. I just responded with my suggestion.
--
J.C.

"Jonny" < snipped-for-privacy@blackworm.net> wrote in message

Just when I think I have heard it all..........
I cannot speak as to the hurricane issue but the concrete in the conditions you described should be fine. I would think that the surface area of the fencing as mentiond below is the issue not so much the posts. They are going to catch an enormus amount of wind perhaps a different fence design, as in a space between boards to let the wind through. If you put the posts deeper with more concrete they may just snap off id look into a different fence design.
webmz wrote:

replying to Italian, Red wrote: I built a fence 30 years ago and its still standing, I did replace two for rot, but hey after 30 years things will eventually wear out. Heck even I'm not the same as I was 30 years ago, and had a few parts fixed along the way. I never have tried sand, or river sand, but guessing the wood will rot eventually. By the way i set my 8' posts in 3' feet of concrete my be a little over kill but they have lasted.