Edging for shingle roofs? Hurricanes

------------------------------------- Someone told me that on the weather channel they saw that there was some type of material?? to put on the edging of shingle roofs to help with wind damage??

I live on the Gulf coast and need to strengthen the roof... Thanks a bunch

Reply to
judgemom

The one I like best is a net that drapes over your roof. Secures to the foundation.

Reply to
bilz2765

What kind of 'shingles'?

Reply to
PeterD

Big friggin' net! I noticed that that shrink wrap that they use to store boats over the winter can be bought in rolls that are 50 ft wide by 100 ft long. Heck, shrink wrap the whole house...

Reply to
PeterD

I think the nets are about 15' wide, and the length goes over the ridge, foundation to foundation.

Reply to
bilz2765

My aunt Matilda has shingles.

Reply to
Frank

They now have a vaccine for that. But you only get Shingles once, so they say.

Since the OP has not replied to my question, I assume he is not interested in any answers anyway.

Reply to
PeterD

Frank wrote the following:

Lawyers have shingles.