Clogged drain & drywall part II

It is not in the sink trap as some suggested in an earlier post.

We had our house remodeled 18 months ago. The drywallers may have used the utility sink for more than just water. The sink drain was clogged after words so I successfully snaked it out. Now after some grouting cleanup it is clogged again. When I used it to clean up after thinset and grout I would only wash off the tools after washing the heavy stuff outdoors. I ran the water much so whatever went down the drain was heavily diluted.

How about Latex paints ?

Anyway, is there a known way of removing the blockage ? It is a 2" cast iron pipe.

It is not in the sink trap. It is in a 2" cast iron pipe that services only that sink and the former location of the W/D and a vent for the basement 1/2 bath. Where the drain goes into the floor is right next to where the water main comes up.

What options do I have to unclog it ? I may need to call Resue Rooter or similiar service. ##$$$$$!!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

you probably have a sizeable layer of drywall mud and latex paint in the lateral and possible even in the 3 or 4" drain that the 2" connects to. A Rotorooter type process with a large scraper type tool on the cable with lots of water flow will be needed. Incredibly rude for someone to dump that stuff down your drains! Even when you think you're flushing lots of water with it, quite a bit still settles out. If you haven't paid them yet, I would deduct the sewer cabling cost from their invoice. Bill

Reply to
bill allemann