Window Cleaning solutions.

I've tried the homemade kind, they all call for a small amount of dishwashing detergent. I think that this causes the film that's left on the glass. Does anyone have a NON-STREAKING recipe? Or better yet, could the *blue stuff* that you put in your windshield pisser bottle be adapted for home use? Maybe by adding some ammonia?
On 29 Jul 2003 13:55:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

How about not adding the dish soap?? My recipe calls for 2 small squirts to a gallon, so I'm sure eliminating it might not cause an issue.
Nan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

I like water with a little alcohol and detergent for eyeglasses. I find an old cotton sock wipes better than a handkerchief or tissue.
For windows, I use a sponge and a pan of water to get off loose dirt. To remove the filmy stuff that remains, I use a mixture of 4 parts water, 1 part ammonia, 1/2 part vinegar. I apply just a little and use a crumpled newspaper to polish the glass until dry. Somehow, that mixture helps the newspaper grab the filmy dirt.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

I know of a place where they used to use windshield solvent to clean mirrors and bathroom fixtures (because it was so economical) and it worked just fine. I don't know how well it works on windows.

dishwashing
Does
pisser