Window Cleaning solutions.

I've tried the homemade kind, they all call for a small amount of dishwashing detergent. I think that this causes the film that's left on the glass. Does anyone have a NON-STREAKING recipe? Or better yet, could the *blue stuff* that you put in your windshield pisser bottle be adapted for home use? Maybe by adding some ammonia?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

How about not adding the dish soap?? My recipe calls for 2 small squirts to a gallon, so I'm sure eliminating it might not cause an issue.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I like water with a little alcohol and detergent for eyeglasses. I find an old cotton sock wipes better than a handkerchief or tissue.

For windows, I use a sponge and a pan of water to get off loose dirt. To remove the filmy stuff that remains, I use a mixture of 4 parts water, 1 part ammonia, 1/2 part vinegar. I apply just a little and use a crumpled newspaper to polish the glass until dry. Somehow, that mixture helps the newspaper grab the filmy dirt.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall

I know of a place where they used to use windshield solvent to clean mirrors and bathroom fixtures (because it was so economical) and it worked just fine. I don't know how well it works on windows.

Reply to
kimberlycards