Why is dust gray?

Just wondering if anyone knows.

so that you can see it on light things, AND you can see it on dark things. pretty cunning, eh? black and white cats provide the same benefits with their hairs. kylie
Karen Newton wrote:

Most of it is dead skin.
Mike
But I've never seen a gray person.

Have you checked your dust cloth?
TaLL uLaH wrote:

I have a bagless hoover with a clear bin and the dominant 'colour' is gray. Occasionally if I hoover up a lot of brick dust, sawdust, or the cat the colour of the bin content reflect what I've hoovered up (orange brown or black) but usually it's gray with the odd bit of colour.
Mike
No gray person there.
On Dec 3, 4:42 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (TaLL uLaH) wrote:

These must be very ollllllld people!

Why would you think that? LOL Even infants shed a few skins cells, from day one. Of course, the rate of cell loss does increase as we age.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
But our skin isn't gray.

"Karen Newton" wrote

=It is when we're dead.