Tomato Soup a la Medium Shag

Spawn, my youngest daughter-unit, was dining on her current favorite food, tomato soup, in a room that is forbidden to have food in it. Predictably, this combination netted a spilled soup in the medium cut shag. Her attempts to clean up the spill did little else than to rub it deeper into the carpet. I have a foam pad under the carpet that I know is holding a portion. I've treated it with warm water and mild soap, damp-mopped it, towel dried it, and the stain remains. Other ideas would most certainly be welcomed!
The Ranger
--
"Grits are akin to Elmer Paste with less flavor and more sand."

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:18:01 -0700, "The Ranger"

Try an oxygen product such as OxiClean. There's a new product by Woolite that is an oxygen spray that may work well, although I have not tried this one yet. Test the product on an inconspicuous area first! If you don't have a carpet shampoo machine, a wet/dry shop vac works well to extract the rinse. Keep off the area until it completely dries.
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:18:01 -0700, "The Ranger"

I'd probably try Oxiclean. There's a new version in a spray bottle that is much more convenient than that stuff that needs mixing.
Nan

Hi Ranger,
Try this combination, it should work.
1.. Glycerin (20% solution)
2.. Acetic Acid (35% solution 1:2 acid to water)
3.. Hydrogen Peroxide
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web