Soaking food starch off plates

I have found that no amount of soaking, with or without detergent, will loosen microwave baked-on food starch from oatmeal or pasta. The dishwasher also does not get it off. I need to resort to old fashioned elbow grease.
Is there anything that helps for baked-on food starch?
- David

Try soaking in a baking soda solution overnight.
--
Wayne

Big on natural foods?? 82.38% of people die of "natural" causes.
On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:45:33 -0400, "David D."

Soak pot, dishes, utensils in cold water as soon as possible. A nylon net scrubber helps.