Smelly Refrigerator

Hi. We recently purchased a house with the appliances included. The listing agent (or possibly the seller) was careless enough to unplug the refrigerator without propping the door open. Now it stinks.

I put a box of sodium bicarbonate in it, but it still smells terrible. Any ideas how to destink it?

Thanks.

Reply to
kramer31

Wipe all the interior surfaces with baking soda and water. Allow to dry, then wipe with a towel dampened with white vinegar. If it still smells, leave a bowl of vinegar in the refrigerator for a day.

Reply to
Phisherman
2 ways that i know of

but a bag of wood charcoal in it and close the dorr

or

light a candle in it and close the door

charcoal really works the best--crush it as best you can--1 gram has about

1000 square meters of surface area wher all sorts of things can stick to it--acts like a magne for odors

hth peter

Reply to
ilaboo