Smelly Refrigerator

Hi. We recently purchased a house with the appliances included. The listing agent (or possibly the seller) was careless enough to unplug the refrigerator without propping the door open. Now it stinks.
I put a box of sodium bicarbonate in it, but it still smells terrible. Any ideas how to destink it?
Thanks.
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:35:06 -0000, kramer31

Wipe all the interior surfaces with baking soda and water. Allow to dry, then wipe with a towel dampened with white vinegar. If it still smells, leave a bowl of vinegar in the refrigerator for a day.
2 ways that i know of
but a bag of wood charcoal in it and close the dorr
or
light a candle in it and close the door
charcoal really works the best--crush it as best you can--1 gram has about 1000 square meters of surface area wher all sorts of things can stick to it--acts like a magne for odors
hth peter