scuffed hardwood floor

OK here's the situation:
Cleaning my hardwood floor...dragged sofa across floor and put scuff marks on floor. Wood doesn't look damaged or scratched...grain is intact.
Easy way to correct this?
Also...have 2 dogs and live in country...they run outdoors, through a pond and bring the outdoors inside....I clean the floor with Murphy oilsoap in water.
Any better ways to clean a floor?
Thanks everyone
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:22:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

If cleaning does not remove it, try buffing the marks out using a terry-cloth towel.

A minute cleaning with a quality broom and dust pan each time the dogs enter should help keep it clean. A vacuum (with hardwood floor attachment) will work too. A damp cloth should remove mud, but if you can dry the dogs before they enter the house, all the better. When cleaning try not to get the floor too wet, and keep the time the floor is damp to a minimum to avoid raising the grain. Wet-cleaning a floor with no or a severely worn/damaged finish is not recommended.