Removing tyre/tire marks from painted interior walls?

Does anyone know how to remove bicycle tyre/tire marks from painted interior walls?
Some of the walls originally had (absorbent) wallpaper on, and were then painted over with matt emulsion. The other walls are painted (also with matt emulsion), but not on top of wallpaper. It looks like they were painted straight onto plaster.
Is there anything I can use that will remove the tyre marks without leaving a mark?
Also, how do I stop marks from being made once the marks have been removed? The finish needs to remain matt on both types of wall (i.e. wallpapered and not wallpapered). Is there anything that can be applied to the paint that will retain a matt look, but prevent future marking? Or is that science fiction?
Thanks Nick

I would try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the existing marks. To prevent future marks I'm at a loss as to what you could put on the wall, but I'd suggest not allowing the tires to rest against the walls.
Nan

where we would get footprints on the walls when the waves got over 60 feet.
Have mudslides taken your back yard? Are your floors as level as they once were? A carpenter's level should be applied to any wall with bicycle tracks.
--
Barbecue Bob Serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Thanks for your replies. Regards Nick