Re: cleaning a water cooler

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:41:22 -0500, "Scout Lady"

You can use the full-strength vinegar. I recommend using white vinegar rather than the (more expensive) cider vinegar. If you are using distilled water, there won't be any buildup of minerals. A rinse or wiping with a 10:1 solution of water/household bleach will sanitize the parts and kill any mold with no concern of toxicity. CLR can be used for food stuff, but I agree that it should be a last resort. Water is probably the best whole body cleanser--drink lots!
Once you get the proper technique, you should be able to invert a 5-gallon jug into the dispenser in one continuous smooth swoop without spilling a drop.