Re: Blopens on the dining room table

On 4 Aug 2003 08:00:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sher) wrote:

Hi Sher, I don't have any advice, but I'm crossposting this to alt.home.cleaning. There are some helpful folk there that may help :-)
Nan

[...] I've tried everything in the house and have only

I agree: throw those darn kids away!
As for the table, maybe a damp towel, left on the table an hour or so at a time, would absorb some of the stain.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants
(sher) wrote:

Nah, that'll only screw up the finish on the table even more. Try the OrangeGlo.
I give up. What's a blopen?
(sher) wrote:

You *could* try Formby's Furiture cleaner (the green one).
But I say you're most likely looking at a fairly simple refinishing job. Sand the top only with a palm sander and try to sand most of the purple stain out. Then stain it the same color as the rest of the table, then three coats of polyurethane with sandings in between and then give the blo-pens to the children of someone you despise.
There's always tablecloths until you are ready to do this. It's really not that tough to do the tops only of tables... you don't have to match the finish exactly. Just closely. Go to a real paint store, though, to match the stain not Lowe's or Home Depot... take a table leaf with you, if you have any.
-Amy