Re: Black Ant problem--- a REAL answer-----

My sister solved her (large) Black Ant problem after about 10 + years of trying almost everything. ---No, I don't work for the company, whatever company it is---
She finally tried a (cheap) product generally available at Walgreens called "Terro X". It is a liquid in a small glass bottle. Lasts a Loooong time.
Anyhow, it also works like magic for us on regular ants, in the last 10 years since she told us. We have tried the little red cans, etc, and nothing worked---
But the ants find it, go tell the whole nest, and you will end up with literally hundreds marching to it, and back to the nest. They won't even spread out--they just go directly to it in a line, feeding on it and returning to the nest!
After a week or 10 days, they are all gone, the whole nest killed off. Keep putting the liquid out for them, as they eat it up and it dries out, what little is left.
Maybe a couple months later (Spring), a new nest matures, just use it, and in a week they are gone too.
We seldom get an ant anymore.
My sister had the huge black ones, she sprinkles a tiny bit of sugar on the liquid (per the package) and they just marched right to it.
Regular ants go nuts over it. Give about a day for them to find it, then the "caravan" will go day and night, back to the nest.
Hey, no bull, this stuff will work, really work. After you try it, e-mail me a few weeks later. I know what you will say already.
No comercial, I'm just trying to help you. It's also cheap, you can get it locally. I don't sell it, I've just bought it at Walgreens here in Illinois, my Sister bought it where she lived, at some drug stores in New York State.(She passed on a few years back). I don't know who makes the stuff, could care less.
Let us know on the newsgroup how it works for you.
Best---- Ron You'll love how the stuff works!

Cheaper and easier to make the syrup than to go out to buy it.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

I put down 5 squares of cardboard of Terro 4 days ago. I still have the black "scouts." I still see about 2-3 per day, with no increase/decrease in count. The Terro stuff works great with sugar ants, but these larger black ants are different. I may try surrounding the house with agriculture limestone. Terro contains boric acid which is deadly to insects, but you have to get them to eat it first.

My sister's ants were really huge black ones. She sprinkled just a tiny bit of sugar on the Terro "glob" and it got 'em good.
BTW, we ran out of the little squares to put the stuff on.
So we cut "shiny" side squares out of magazine add pages, to use. We discovered that if we used the "dull" sides of a paper, it would soak in, leaving none for the ants---
Hope this "shiny side" tip helps!
Best--- Ron

A lot of stores including The Home Depot sell it.
http://www.terro.com/locator2.php