range hood filter

How do you clean a metal mesh filter on a hood range. The filter is the dome shape. Can you use sos pads? I don`t have a cloths or dish washer to put it in. Thanks Patt

Soak in a strong hot dishwashing detergent solution for at least an hour. Rinse. Do not use oven cleaners.
Patt wrote:

has dripped off, ammonia or washing soda should get the rest.
Spray it in a carwash.
Use engine degreaser.
Steam it with an iron.
Bart Byers wrote:

Be careful with this one - my metal mesh filters are actually made of aluminium, and washing soda, as you are well aware Bart, is a no no under those circumstances.

Simple Green Engine cleaner in a spray bottle and a soft brush. Then rinse with water. That will do it.
DaveL

A simple scrub in the sink with detergent and a soft nylon brush should do the trick... however, if it is really dirty.... nothing works better then good old vinegar and bicarb soda!