question about cleaning wood floors

Yes it's me again. I'm still trying to make right the messes left by last cleaning lady right.
Two of the houses I'm now in charge of have wood floors in kitchen, living room and dining room. The home is nice finished wood floors and the lodge is just basic, finished pine. The problem is the last lady used mop and glow on them. So when I went to clean them with basic wood floor cleaner I now have white splotches in the lodge. I haven't used wood floor cleaner in the house, since I did the lodge first and saw what happened. I do have places in the house that you can clearly see she swiped it with the mop and glow, thus it has shiny streaks. Also, there are several spots where the build up of mop and glow is so bad it's spotty.
Ok how would you right this wrong? Should I use the mix listed on the back of mop and glow on the wood floors? If that does take off the mop and glow, then what do I use on the floors from here on out? The wood floors I've always had just had a good factory finish and cleaning with wood floor cleaner was all it took.
Also both of these buildings are less the 7 years old and only used on occasion. (house 6 weekends a year and lodge 2-3 weekend a month.) They are not old floors I'm dealing with but it has several years of mop and glow build up.
Thanks Sheila
"White splotches" may indicate water between the finish and the wood floor. I would probably skip any kind of water-based cleaners on the floor and just vacuum or sweep. Mayonaise may remove the white marks (a dab on a rag, then gently rub the white areas). Johnson's Paste wax applied to a clean dry wooden floor will bring out a low luster after buffing.
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:36:22 -0500, "turkeylady"

well the mayo worked on the lime juice white splotches don't know why I didn't think about that, I will see, thanks again.
Sheila

Ok I called mop and glow today, they said if the wood floor was sealed good I could use the mixture listed on back of the bottle to remove the build up. It is a slow process to do it right because there is so much build up, but I am pleased with the results so far.
Sheila

Wood Floor Cleaner & Polish
The easiest finish to apply for beautiful wood floors. Enhanced with special ingredients that clean, restore, preserve, protect and beautify sealed wood's natural appearance and texture. Provides a long-lasting lustrous shine, durable protection and wear without wax build-up. Also works great on other sealed wood surfaces. 16 fl.oz.
Getting Started with Stanley With Stanley Home Products your financial investment is minimal -- as low as $10 for a starter kit. There are no hidden costs or inventory to purchase. All you need is the desire to get going! www.myshp.com/sbray
Sandy

DAMN SPAMMER