Plush toys

Hi, this is my first posting at this group. A friend has many stuffed toy animals and would love to donate them except they REEK of tobacco. Any way of getting that smell out of them? Except for this, they're in excellent condition.
Thanks!
pine
Starve a troll, feed a fever, that's my motto.

way of

I would put them through the washer and then put them outside to dry.
On 24 Apr 2004 23:59:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Pine106887) wrote:

Donate them to what organization? A lot of places won't accept used plush toys because they harbor germs/bacteria/dust mites.
But if she has someone that will take them, I suggest she run them through the washer and hang to dry outside in the sun.
Nan
Thanks to both of you! I didn't consider that some organizations won't take them even if clean, guess I'll need to do some research for her. (I'm trying hard to help because it will also make SPACE in her house.)
pine
Starve a troll, feed a fever, that's my motto.
If anyone is interested, I found out about SAFE (Stuffed Animals For Emergencies) that takes clean plush toys.