MAT WITH RUBBER BACKING

Hi,
I have a mat with rubber backing on it for antislip purposes. After many washes some of it has come away from the mat leaving it sticky and has put rubber backing on the floor.
Can anyone tell me what I can do to take the rubber backing off the mat completely ????
--
Kind Regards
Jeanette/Jeannie

Maybe, maybe not. Rubber contains sulfur which is chemically reactive. I havn't a clue about the composition of your floor making it difficult to make a recommendation. If 91% alcohol won't remove it, then try kerosene. Do not use alcohol on a shellac finish.