If your vacuum died tomorrow....

Hi all - I hope some of you will offer recs - what vack would you buy tom'w if yours died? I tend to like the bagless feature and don't want to spend over $400.
a blonde,long haired cat is my biggest problem - hair EVERYWHERE. thanks for any info, valerie

I'd get another Dyson. That thing rocks.
--
'Tis Herself

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (val189) wrote in message

I would buy not one but two Roombas, or maybe just the newest model and use the remaining $ for extra recharger and extra room divider. They are bagless.
The thing that's nice about Roomba is you can effortlessly run it every single day. We turn ours on every morning right before leaving the house. No, it doesn't necessarily have the same amount of power as other vaccuums, but since it's so easy to use, you end up using it much more frequently. Your house stays clean by maintaining the floors on a daily basis, vs having to do a deep thorough vaccuum once a week.
I don't have cats, but I hear they are supposed to be great for people with pets. We do have to be careful to clean out the brushes regularly, as we've got three females in this house with long hair that can clog them up.
jen
in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, shinypenny at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 12/5/03 11:21 AM:

we got a riccar. very light and has a lot of power. plus it is american made. check it out.

THAT'S A PLUS ??????

Oh, please.

German or English.
Val,
I sold vacuums for eight years, and have a contract cleaning company. My two favorite vacuums now are a Eureka 1400 series (upright, top fill bag) and it's brutish cousin the Sanitaire commercial, with a cloth bag. Every vacuum has shortcomings, but these seem to be real "hair raisers"
Best of luck in you quest
J.Jay
: Hi all - : I hope some of you will offer recs - what vack would you buy tom'w if : yours died? I tend to like the bagless feature and don't want to : spend over $400. : : a blonde,long haired cat is my biggest problem - hair EVERYWHERE. : thanks for any info, : valerie
On 4 Dec 2003 10:36:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (val189) wrote:

If those women who do the little dance routine, in the Hoover TV commercials, were in the store, I'd probably by a Hoover--whether I needed a new vac or not! LOL!
Michael Whatever it takes.
I'd go with the Eureka 1400!!
look on http://www.eopinions.com and do a search-- you'll find lots of info from consumers there!!
Sijka