fart smell

I have a nasty FART SMELL odor in my living room that wont go away. My Uncle Bernie was visiting a month ago and had a bad case of GAS. He had let out a few really smelly ones while sitting in there watching TV. Now Uncle Bernie is gone, but the fart smell is still there.... please help. Doris
Take all of the chairs Uncle sat in outside and leave them there in the sun for 4 days. If it starts to rain, bring 'em in real quick. Also don't let any animals near them while they are outside or your problem could get worse and Uncles residual smell would seem fragrant by comparison. :-)
Prof. Sunshine.