Dusting

Good morning, How do you keep the dust off the furniture after you dust. You dust it and the next day the sun shinning through shows you more dust.

I'ved use "Swift Dusters" which I have not been impressed with.

Sombody told me that a baby diaper makes a dust cloth.

Thanks in advance

' where the wind don't blow so strange Maybe on some high cold mountain chain Hunter/Garcia

Reply to
RUKind

This sounds like two different issues. 1) how do you keep the dust off your furniture 2) what makes a good dust cloth

I like to use Swiffer cloths for dusting, then I put them in the Swifer mop head and use them on the floors. They grab the dust and hold it. Most dusters just push the dust around. I generally run the vacuum before dusting because the vacuum clean can spread dust and you just put dust back on your furniture. It helps to eliminate carpeting if you want to eliminate dust. Carpet is a reservoir for dust. Putting a good filter in your furnace (like a 3M Filtreat filter or an electronic or electrostatic filter) and running the fan 24/7 can help.

Reply to
Vox Humana

There may be a lot of dust in your air. Fabric, carpeting, draperies, rugs, upholstered furniture, etc add airborne particles, and sometimes a (bad) vacuum cleaner will add to the problem. Change your furnace filter regularly and consider a more efficient filter. There are stand-alone electric air cleaners with hepa filters that help too.

I use soft diapers to dust and treat them with a EndDust. It helps to treat the cloth and seal in a ziplock bag for 24 hours. I do this with a dust mop too. I used to dust every week, now it is every three weeks.

Reply to
Phisherman