Cut glass

Hi there, I don't know if I'm in the right ng, but I have a question. I have a glass chess set someone gave me. When I opened it and brushed it off, I found there were miniscule glass splinters in the dust. I rinsed it in the bath tub, wiped it with a wet cloth, and rinsed the pieces in a bowl. I have nowhere to put the pieces, though, except in the styrofoam it came in, and I'm concerned there are splinters throughout that. So two questions: Is this dangerous? and What can I do?
Thanks, Chuckk
Want to sell the chess set?
Cindi
Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

An option I hadn't thought of, but I can't, it was a gift. Thanks for the offer.

I'm literally afraid of the styrofoam, it's just too hard to get everywhere. I'll probably end up throwing it out and getting another box.