Cleaning tubs and showers

Hi!

I was reading some of the threads and noticed that a few people are looking for information about cleaning tubs and showers, so I thought I'd let you know that you can make cleaning tubs and shower areas a lot easier by installing a shower water filter. The filter will change the pH of the water and remove minerals and compounds that leave spots and stains.

I've written an eBook that I'm distributing for free about water quality in America. You can download it from my website

Linda Symonds

I'm sure that a shower filter can remove some of the minerals, but I question the practicality and expense of this kind of device. If your water is really hard, you may need an entire house water softener for your hot water.

Here's my tips...

1) Wipe down or squeegee (or use an after-shower spray) after every use.

2) Clean showerheads regularly with CLR, Limeaway, KaBoom or similar product. If your showerhead is really clogged up you can soak it overnight in vinegar or simmer the (metal) showerhead in a pot with 3 parts water one part vinegar for 15 minutes.

3) A shower liner will protect your shower curtain. Plus, you can machine-wash most plastic liners with bleach to kill mold/mildew. Do not put plastics in your dryer.
Reply to
Phisherman

Your book crashed my computer twice.

I've read that shower filters don't work very well because the flow is high. Is that true?

I've read that the best shower filter for chlorine is an Asian invention that uses ascorbic acid. One of these will remove 99% of chlorine. A Crystal Quest removes only 19%. Is that true?

***
Reply to
Sawney Beane