cleaning stove burners

Is it better to just let the spills burn off, or better to wipe them clean?

Reply to
Karen Newton

Indoors it's better to wipe them clean. I wash them in the sink.

Reply to
Bart Byers

Depends... I'd rather wipe them clean if they're cold, but if they're hot, I won't bother burning myself or starting a cloth or rag on fire ;) Once the stove is cool to touch, I will take the coil things out, wipe them off and also take those little insert things and rings off and wash them in the sink if they have gunk from cooking (or anything, really) on them. Sure beats the smell and smoke that can come out of burning spills off.

Reply to
xkatx