Stove burners

I replaced 4 electrical burners for a friend, two small and two large ones.

The small ones stopped working.

Checked the resistance which showed about 50 ohms.

Those burners worked in another stove.

What can I check next ?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

The sockets?

Reply to
gfretwell

Or fuses?

Reply to
clare

Not fuses since 2 other burners work.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Except each burner is separsately fused on most stoves. Fuse in the stove, not in the fuse/breaker panel.

Reply to
clare

Stove is about 20 yrs old.

Did they have fuses ?

And if so, where are they located ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

New one to me. Where are the fuses, usually? Back panel?

Sounds totally useful to know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Our last electric stove had them under the top of the back panel.. I just checked the manual on our new Frigidaire smooth-top convection and it does not have separate fuses.

Reply to
clare

Thanks a bunch. I get called out now and again to do appliance repair. Often "oh, yes!" jobs. Will file that off, in the olding balding brain box.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you don't know what to check you should keep your paws off of it.

I replaced 4 electrical burners for a friend, two small and two large ones.

The small ones stopped working.

Checked the resistance which showed about 50 ohms.

Those burners worked in another stove.

What can I check next ?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Tony944

I'd be curious if the sockets are supplying 220 VAC.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

+1 on that! Something is bleeped up.
Reply to
Tekkie®

Voltage is 120 Volts.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Most electric stoves use 220 VAC. You may have an open connection some where.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon