Cleaning kitchen cabinets?

I have wood pine cabinets in my kitchen that need to be cleaned due to cooking grease buildup. I have used a 50/50 mixture of mineral spirits and linseed oil. It does the job okay,but I'd like to know if there is better method,as it's pretty messy and reqires ample ventilation due to the fumes. Thanks
What you are using is a good method. Not only it cleans, but also protects the wood.