Bruce's GSR Cleans Water Spots

After several days of trying every concotion imaginable to remove the hardwater deposits from our glass block shower stall, we tried Bruce's GSR Glass Water Spot & Stain Remover, which I found at the local ACE hardware.
Also found their website: http://www.brucesgsr.com /
Used with 0000 steel wool, it removed the spots entirely, albeit with a couple passes of heavy scouring. But, it was a 5-year buildup.
I suspect the mineral deposits may have actually been etched into the glass and that in fact I was polishing a layer away, rather than removing a deposit.
At any rate, the glass looks terrific.
Bill in Cave Creek, AZ.

How can deposits be etched into something?
On 8 Feb 2004 11:51:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Shaheen) wrote:

Ouch! Steel wool will scratch glass. An acid or CLR should have dissolved the deposits. You could scrub glass with a nylon brush or net without concern about scratches.