brass

I am looking for advice on how to clean and protect outdoor brass I have tried various ways without much success.
On 28 May 2004 06:36:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@motherwell.ac.uk (J.M.W) wrote:

The product "Brasso" is the best product I know to clean brass. It is a time-consuming process. After the brass it bright and shiny, apply two light coats of an automotive lacquer spray. Expect the shine to last a year or two outdoors.