Any Good Small Machine To Stream Clean Carpet on Stairs?

I would like to know if there is any good small-size machine that I can use to stream clean the carpet that covers the stairs.

I am currently using an upright carpet cleaner from Bissell (ProHeat) to clean the carpet throughout my house. It works quite well except for one area in my house: The stairs.

The machine comes with a long hose and various attachments that I am supposed to use to clean "hard to reach" area, such as the stairs. But I find that its suction is so low that it cannot extract the dirty water from the carpet. This might have something to do with the _long_ hose that "might" have created so much friction that reduces the suction.

This is frustrating. The stairs is the second most dirty area in my house due to the traffic pattern of my house (the bottom of the stairs is the most dirty area). That area really smells. In my opinion, I should clean the stairs at least once per week.

Instead of using a "do-everything" machine that cannot do everything well, I am thinking of getting a small machine just for cleaning the stairs and cleaning some dirty spots. Does anyone have any good experience with some of those small stream cleaners (such as Bissell small green machine, or something like that)?

Thanks in advance.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

My mistake. I forgot to switch the upright carpet cleaner from floor-cleaning mode to cleaning-with-attachment mode; hence, the attachment didn't get any suction power. As soon as I turn the switch, the attachment of the carpet cleaner starts working as the way it should. Now, I can clean the stairs in my house really good.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan