1-800-DRYCARPET would like to go on record by posting the following rebuttal to a 2002-09-02 post by Google Groups user email@example.com:
1. firstname.lastname@example.org (an email address of an alleged DRYCARPET customer) is not in our company data base. Since October 18, 2001 the company has required that its customers have a valid email address. @home.com,net,org also are not in our data base. email@example.com posted his comments on August 9, 2002, (2002-09-02). 1-800-DRYCARPET/America's Preferred has been in businesses since March 1, 1992.
2. We have no knowledge of ever damaging or fraying a customers (Berber) carpet fiber, ever.
3. Our product (Swedry Carpet Cleaner) is not "simply a product that can be purchased and/or rented at store" nor is it a duplicate of any product. 1-800-DRYCARPET, a division of America's Preferred, Inc., owns the manufacturing specification rights/formula and is the US trademark owner of SWEDRY Carpet Cleaner. 1-800-DRYCARPET is 1 of 4 in the world that manufactures a dry organic carpet cleaning powder. REF: http://www.1800drycarpet.com/chemist.htm - REF: http://www.swedry.com/news.htm .
4. The company currently employs 16 - 1-800-DRYCARPET does indeed have company units and does not only rely upon its Agents. We do indeed have a network of Authorized Agents (not dealers) who own their own businesses and are not employees of the company. Our program is similar to a franchise system, a format that has revolutionized US business by offering valuable standardization to consumers since the 1950's. The company's Authorized Agents are individual business owners. REF: http://www.1800drycarpet.com/affiliate_rep_contact.htm - REF: http://www.drycarpet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi - REF: http://www.1800drycarpet.com/mediaramp /.
5. 1-800-DRYCARPET does indeed recommend stain resistant reapplication ONLY to those customers that have had these materials flushed-out by hot water extraction methods, (commonly referred to as steam-cleaning).
6. We noted that the author at the end of his post stated that; "The next time he ( I ) will do it myself".
This post will be archived by Google Groups under the keyword and US trademark: "DRYCARPET". 1-800-DRYCARPET is interested in protecting its good name and offering an alternative to wet shampoo carpet cleaning methods.
Greg Cantrell President/CEO America's Preferred, Inc. 1-800-DRYCARPET()