ADVICE: Combination Washer-Dryer [single unit]

I have been looking around one these: (http://www.nextag.com/Washer_Dryer_Combos~washer+dryerz2700451z50zt8xok6z0zB1fdwzmainz5-htm )
machines for months. There are a dizzying array of them available, but mostly on-line. Most U.S. retaillers do not offer them in their stores. As such I have been unable to "kick the tires" of any of them. I really do not want to spend US$800-US$1000 on something that is awful, and go through the hassles of returns, and maintenance. In light of the lack of definitive reviews, I am turning to the Usenet community. If you have one of these machines please reply to this post with you user-experience.
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:03:05 -0400, "Matthew A. R. Sherian"

I'm surprised. Any reason why? I can't help I'm afraid. I only ever had a Candy washer dryer and the dryer part was hardly used.