a dishwashing problem

Help? :-/ While hand-washing a French White-type Corning Ware ceramic cooking dish I filled it with water and now the glass cover is stuck to the dish! To make matters worse, there is a smaller ceramic bowl inside the corning ware dish, about a 1/3rd size of the corning ware dish. The cover is on inside out, so there is a little stub of a handle to pull that has not helped me at all. I've filled the sink with water, hoping to float the cover off the dish, but that hasn't worked either What should I do? I don't want to break the dishes or glass cover to clean them!
On 19 Dec 2006 23:17:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

A little physics here... Mix 2 dozen ice cubes and 2 T. salt in a storage bag. Place the bag of ice on top of the lid and put the dish/lid in a pan of very hot water. After 10 minutes the lid should release. Do the same for the smaller dish except put the ice inside the small dish. HTH

:( I was going to suggest something along those lines :P